Training Basic Level 3
The trainings are provided as a basic module for the final main method at level 3 (only ISO 9712). In order to get a level 3 certification, the student must be in possession of his basic module (maximum 5 years old) or already have a valid level/Level 3 certificate. If this is the case, we would like to refer you to one of TiaT’s level 3 courses following the base module is no longer necessary.
- Magnetic testing
- Penetrant testing
- Radiography testing
- Ultrasonic testing
- ToFD testing
- Phased Array onderzoek
- Visual testing
- Eddy current testing
Training Information Basic Module
The course is set up and intended for (the oncoming) NDT specialist for whom a qualification and/or certification is required. The course also provides an insight into the working methods of the testing.
The following components are recommended for course participants:
- An MBO-4/HBO prior education or similar.
- Knowledge of mathematics and physics.
- Interested in engineering.
- Technical English, to be able to interpret standards.
The training consists only of a theoretical part. During the training, under the guidance of experienced NDT specialists, the student will lay the foundation for his/her future specialisation up to level 3 in a chosen main method.
- Acquire a basic knowledge of materials in relation to the emergence of defects and defect types, which is important for the execution and specification of NDT.
- Acquire the basic physical knowledge of the various NDT methods.
- Familiarize the student with the basic principles and the advantages and disadvantages of the various NDT methods (knowledge at level 2).
- Reading and interpreting certification related standards and/or procedures (mainly in English).
Content of the training
Materials Science | Material research and Material defects| Physical basic principle of the NDT methods | Basic knowledge of the NDT methods | Equipment and accessories of the NDT methods to be used | Scope of the NDT methods | The certification process and system
Training Duration ISO 9712:
11 days including exam, certification is done via Hobéon SKNDO.
The training meets, and can be completed with an exam(-s) compliant with the requirements of ISO 9712. The theoretical exam consists of three parts:
- Part A: Materials and technical processes.
- Part B: Certification systems for Non-Destructive Inspectors
- Part C: NDT Methods at level 2
Both the training and the exam(-s) are tailored to the relevant industrial sectors (e.g.: Testing before and during use (including manufacturing), aviation or railway maintenance.)
Costs (Excluding VAT):
The training and exam costs are shown below:
• Training Costs:
• Re-examination cost theory:
€ 2.878,- including examination*
Price on request
* Prices include examination, certification examination according to Hobéon SKNDO, and the course days are fully catered.